COVID-19 happen! It’s all over the world now! In some countries, the situation is more serious than in others, but it is everywhere. In just a few months, this virus has changed the whole world and our usual rhythm of life. I have the feeling that it came very quickly. When we learned a few months ago that it was discovered in China and the situation is serious, we didn’t even imagine what would happen next.
A lot of people understandably feel afraid, confused and overwhelmed, but the social distancing that most of us are practicing now doesn’t have to feel isolating and stressful. This is the only way to move through the Coronavirus Pandemic. We need to be strong in our mental, emotional and physical self- care! Two things are important – to get informed from reliable sources and to follow the recommendations!
We have to live differently and we have to accept it!
What Coronavirus is
At the end of last year COVID-19 (Coronavirus) was found in China. We all know what happened there and what they did. A few months later this virus came all over the world. It happens because it spreads extremely fast, the symptoms are the same as cold or flu, but it has a long incubation period, unlike other flu. It’s a new unknown virus, and it took a while to find and understand that it is different.
The Coronavirus spreads very fast and easily, mostly through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person sneezes or coughs. But for about two weeks, a person may be infected with it and feel well, but it infects everyone around him. This is why we have to stay at home!
The World Health Organization said that “Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.”
There are no specific vaccines or treatments for Coronavirus. The treatment is symptomatic and there are already many cured people. Experts are still investigating. Anyway, we know what’s important now and we need to follow all instructions to stay safe. The facts are that most people with a healthy immune system do not find serious problems with it.
Symptoms of COVID-19
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever and cough and most healthy people with a good immune system pass away slightly. When symptoms are treated earlier, in most cases no hospital treatment is required.
The official information is that reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death. And the characteristic symptoms (fever, cough and shortness of breath) may appear 2-14 days after exposure (because of the incubation period of this virus).
Emergency warning signs for Coronavirus are:
– Trouble breathing
– Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
– New confusion or inability to arouse
– Bluish lips or face
And since it is a new virus, it is still under investigation and not everything is known about it. So, if you have any complaints and symptoms contact your doctor. You may experience a symptom that is not listed above but may be the result of COVID-19. Be vigilant, aware and responsible for your health as the health of your loved ones by taking action on time.
According to the CDC people on higher risk are:
– people aged 65 years and older
– people who live in a nursing home
– people with chronic lung disease
– people who have asthma
– people who have serious heart conditions
– people who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment
– people of any age with severe obesity or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
– pregnant women should be monitored since they are known to be at risk with a severe viral illness, however, to date data on COVID-19 has not shown an increased risk
The basic protective measures against Coronavirus
2. Maintain at least 2 meters distance between yourself and people who are coughing or sneezing
3. Avoid crowded areas and unnecessary social contacts
4. Use a face mask when you are around other people in public – see here when and how to use the face mask
5. Use gloves when you shopping
6. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breading stay home and call your doctor immediately – see here what to do if you are sick
Well, the best way to do it is to not face the virus! You can find the CDC’s recommendations on how to protects and prevent here.
If you are sick
1. Stay At Home! Most people with Coronavirus have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care.
2. Call your doctor immediately and he or she will give you the best instructions on what to do!
3. Try to stay away from other people in your home as much as possible – use another room and bathroom if possible. And use other towels, cutlery, etc. Isolate yourself from others as much as you can.
4. Use a face mask.
5. Wash your hands with soap frequently.
6. If you need to visit your doctor (if you have an appointment or you think you have COVID_19) – first call him or her! This will help your doctor to protect himself and other patients.
7. Monitor your symptoms and if you have trouble breathing or if you feel you getting worse call your doctor or emergency room, tell them your symptoms and they will tell you what to do!
Pregnancy during a pandemic – short tips
1. Don’t panic and avoid stress as much as you can.
2. Call your doctor and discuss how will arrange your visits and tests, and how to protect yourself.
3. Stay home as much as possible and if you need to go out use face mask, gloves and avoid public areas.
4. Hydrate – Drink plenty of water!
5. Eat Well!
6. Sleep a lot!
7. Prepare your house for the baby – clean it! Мake a list of what you want to clean and when to clean it. Divide tasks into several days. Do not overload yourself!
8. You can take an online prenatal class.
9. Start your Baby Registry List – you can see my blog post with all useful and needed products that you need in your baby registry list here.
I also created a guide for new moms with checklists to help them organize easily the baby preparation. It will give you the most important point you will need – checklists: to-do list, medical information and pediatrician, baby registry list, hospital bag, first baby aid kit, postpartum, baby shower, breastfeeding, and some mom tips!
10. Start a side hustle – you can use your time now for some new things, for new skills. You can start your own online business to be able to spend more time with your kids and family in the future. Every business takes time and if you start today will be able to have some more free time after a year, or will make some extra money which would be great, right?! Think about it!
COVID-19 and children
Kids with a strong immune system are not at higher risk. Just call your doctor if you have any concerns. If you have a baby it will be a bit easier, because your daily routines will be quite the same. But if you have a child one year of age or older, you need to reorganize your daily routine. The truth is that children can feel and understand everything. They notice everything that is happening around them. My daughter is almost two years old and we spend most of our time at home now. I do my best to follow a routine throughout the day, but even of that, there is a change in her schedule.
Here are some parenting tips:
– try to limit talk of Coronavirus around your kids, but inform them –
I mean explain to them the basics – what is the situation now, what is a virus and why this Coronavirus is more dangerous, why we need to stay home, why we use masks and gloves outside in public places. It is quite enough for them. But the kids have to know what is happening and why we are doing differently now, why we have to stay home. This will give them confidence. Because they need to feel safe Yesterday my daughter, while playing with her beloved teddy bear, found a piece of tape and stuck it on teddy’s mouth and said that it’s a mask.
– keep a routine as much as you can and keep things predictable –
I try to keep the same hour for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the afternoon nap is in the same hour range. I try to play different educational games, but at the same time I try to give her space and time to find something to do by herself. We go out every day before and after lunch. Children need to spend time outside. We are lucky because the block we live in has a small yard and we spend time there as it is forbidden to go for a walk in the parks. What has changed with us is that my daughter started falling asleep later in the evening (already around 10 pm to 10:30 pm). Children are very energetic and need to spend their energy.
*The World Health Organization posted six one-page tips for parents cover planning one-on-one time, staying positive, creating a daily routine, avoiding bad behavior, managing stress, and talking about Coronavirus.
*If you and your husband are working at home, you need to set the rules and find out how it will happen, according to the space of your home. Explain this to your kids too, so that everyone complies with the rules, knows why they are, and avoids the extra stress and unnecessary tension between you and your husband.
*I have heard that there has been an increase in divorce applications since the pandemic in China, as couples spend a lot of time together at home. For me it is a nice period, it is a test for all of us and now we see the people around us for what they are, what they do, how they act. So observe, draw conclusions, think carefully, and act. We have time to realize, rethink and make decisions about every area of our lives, about our relationship, about our work, and last but not least about our lifestyle and health.
How to boost your immune system
For our body to cope with the disease, it is necessary to have a healthy immune system. Even if you are healthy, it doesn’t mean that you will never get sick. But you will certainly recover much faster. Usually when we catch cough or flu, we need to strengthen our body to heal faster. Some of the best helpers for this are natural products – water, fruits and vegetables, tea, honey, ginger.
From the information available so far on the new COVID-19 flu, we know that some of the most important elements in the fight against the virus are Selenium and Zinc. Dimitriy Edelev, Russian professor and doctor of medical sciences, said that in Russia, they have found that most of the infected people who get worse and have a hard time treating the flu, but previously seemingly healthy, have no other illnesses and are not in the high-risk group, have zinc deficiency in their body. So add selenium and zinc-rich foods to your diet daily. Such foods are nuts (especially sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, walnuts), vegetables, fruits, fish, seafood, meat, beans, buckwheat, rice. You could find Selenium and Zinc as supplements to boost your body a bit more for a while. Keep in mind that the daily dose of Zink is 30 micrograms/day and that of Selenium is 55 micrograms/day.
Another very important vitamin is vitamin D, which affects heart health and the body’s immune response. It is synthesized by the skin of a person under sunlight, and the best way to get it is to spend 15 minutes a day without using sunscreen until the skin is slightly reddened and to eat food rich in vitamin D. However, extremely many people worldwide have vitamin D deficiency, which leads to poor immunity, skin problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and more. Everyone needs vitamin D throughout their lives (not just babies). The recommended safe daily dose is 10,000UI for up to 6-12 months. However, taking high doses of Vitamin D3 can lead to calcium buildup in the joints and tissues, so it must be taken with Vitamin K2, which properly directs calcium to the bones.
For a bit more info on how to boost your immunity and what are the best foods for the immune system check out my blog posts – How to Boost Your Immune System Naturally and 10 Best Foods for Strong Immune System.
Prepare yourself for a pandemic – how to deal with our new way of life
– Try to control information – limit your TV time and listen to the facts. Listen to trusted sources like the World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. It’s important to be informed and aware of what’s happening in the world around us. Just use reliable sources, do not overdo the television and Internet information about COVID19. Lots of information and fake news causes stress and panic. Both don’t help! I have personally limited myself and have been following the news on only two major television channels, as well as the official sites of the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
– Get outside for a while and avoid public places with many people. If you have a yard it’s perfect, because you can spend a lot of time outside, which is important.
– Stay in contact with your friends and family via phone calls and text messages. You don’t have to isolate yourself completely.
– Take care of yourself both mentally and physically – do home exercises, read books, meditate.
– We have extra family time now. Set up a new routine for you and your family. Play games, watch an inspirational movie, listen to music.
– Don’t forget to care for yourself – take some time for yourself as much as you can and do what you love to do and what makes you happy. For example, I have my 2 hours early in the mornings while everybody sleeps.
– Think about your finances – what costs you will have and how you can handle it, what steps you will take. A friend of mine lost his job, and since he needed income to cover his needs, he started working at a grocery store. I give this example to show you that even in a crisis there are opportunities.
– Focus on positivity – there is good news too like China has closed down its last Coronavirus hospital, because of not enough new cases to support them, doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus, in South Korea the number of new cases is declining. And remember, it’s not going to be like this forever!
When the pandemic is over, we have to enter new times in the new era, we have to learn to accept these gifts. I share one really good post from Tony Robbins on my Facebook page regarding the Coronavirus situation and in the begging, he said: “Decisions NOT conditions, determine our destiny. There are 3 DECISIONS we’re all making every moment of our lives. You’re making the first right now: WHAT AM I GOING TO FOCUS ON? “
– Stay busy! Here is a quote from Dale Carnegie that is very relevant to the situation we are in now: “Keep busy. It’s the cheapest kind of medicine there is on this earth—and one of the best.” You have time now to finish all things that you want to. Use this time to clean your house and your mind, cook, read books, listen to music, meditate, learn new skills, start a new habit, write your book, create, start a home business. Whatever you want and makes you happy!
Here are some online courses and eBooks you could get now and start your own business, to increase your social accounts, to grow your blog and make some extra money:
– Start a Money Making Blog – This course will teach you how to start and grow your blog. And the best thing is FREE!
– Boosting Your Blog Traffic eBook – You can find here in this eBook the best strategies and valuable blogging tips to increase your blog traffic. Get 50% OFF with the code “HELP50”!
– Making Pinterest Possible – This eBook will help you to grow your Pinterest account and get more visitors to your blog! Use the code “HELP50” for 50% OFF!
– From Zero to Superhero Affiliate Marketing Training Bundle – This training will help you to start with affiliate marketing from scratch and to turn it to a successful business. Get now 50% OFF with the code “HELP50”
– Make Your First Affiliate Sale – This FREE 5 days online course will show you how to use the affiliate marketing to monetize your blog!
– Affiliate Marketing Programs Masterlists – One of the important keys to being successful in affiliate marketing is to join the right affiliate programs and this is exactly what you need to help you out with it! You can use the code “HELP50” for 50% OFF!
– Ebook Bestseller Bootcamp – This course is for you if you want to learn how to create and sell your eBooks. And you can use now the code “EBB60” for 50% OFF!
Something curious and positive from astrology
Most of us asking “why is this happening to us”. In my opinion, this is a sign from the Earth to stop and think, to become more intelligent and prioritize. Yes, the situation is serious and should not be underestimated, but this is not the end of the world!
One of my favorite astrologers, Gahl Sasson, talks about the connection between astrological events and what’s happening on earth right now. He says the situation is currently linked to zodiac cancer and the characteristic of that zodiac – family, habits. Everything is messed up now, but we need to go wiser and make the right choices now.
We can take this situation as a detox, to meditate, to look at things differently. What he emphasizes is that the situation now has to do with planets, cycles, and rearrangement. Also, this stage will end at the beginning of the summer of June – July. And then it is coming very good period!
COVID-19 changed our lives. Everyone in the world is worried about their health, the health of their loved ones, their jobs, their business, and their social contacts. And it is normal. The pandemic is real and I hope you, your family and loved ones are safe and feel OK!
Usually we need to feel that we have control and make decisions for our life, but now it seems we don’t have the control and this is the reason to feel weak, worried and confused. But we still can make decisions on how to feel, what to do now and after. Now we can’t go out, so go inside and think of yourself and your life, and your actions. We have a chance to have a really valuable time with our kids and with ourselves. Make sure you will use this time properly.
Also I think of something else – no government wants its economy to collapse and go bankrupt. I believe that every country takes the necessary measures to protect its inhabitants and protect its economy. As you can see, every country will give a lot of money to help the population and business. Rest assured that no one wants to be in this situation and every effort is made to find a solution, cure and limit the Coronavirus pandemic as quickly as possible.
At the beginning of every year we all make plans. We usually spend the holidays around Christmas and New Year with our families and see many friends. We try to take a break from our work. However, we don’t have time for ourselves, to rest, to be alone, to spend time with ourselves and to think about what we want and how we can achieve our goals. How many of you do this?! Now, you have time for that! The Universe has forced us to stay home. COVID-19 changed the world in just a few months. It gives us a lesson, but also an opportunity. Think about it!
I am sure that as long as we pull together, we will make it through and will create a new better world for us and our kids!
Follow the recommendations! Stay safe!
I hope this article has been helpful to you! I would love it if you leave a comment or share it! Thank you!